Kaseya Community

Automatically Changing of IP Address

This question has suggested answer(s)

Is there someone expirience changing of  IP address after a  couple of Minutes/ Hours the IP address has been change but the agent name is still the same. There are instances  when I search the Ip address on agent module the agent is not existed but when I use the other ip from the change that I notice the agent is existing . 

All Replies
  • Presuming you are referring to the Machine ID of the computer being the same.

The machine ID is set when the agent is first installed and will not dynamically update.

• what computer os is it?

• Windows server 2012R12

• Agent name/ Machine ID is the  same but the ip is changing

• You might want to check your "Naming Policy" settings under the System "tab" in Kaseya VSA

Naming Policy

System > System Preferences > Naming Policy

The Naming Policy page defines the IP address criteria used to automatically re-assign machines to a different machine group. Each machine group can be assigned multiple naming policies.

Naming policies can also force the renaming of a machine ID, if the machine ID name doesn't match the computer name, reducing confusion when administering managed machines.

reference: help.kaseya.com/.../index.asp

suggested answer.
    [edited by: myArch-man at 1:08 PM (GMT -7) on Mar 21, 2018]
  • The machine ID can be reset/updated when it changes - System / System Preferences / Naming Policy:

PITA, though, as it's set one machine group at a time. When set and unaware, this can cause some correct but unexpected behavior.

I'd be closely checking the server - does it have multiple IPs?

Are the IPs "random" or do they cycle among a small number?  Are they all in the same subnet(s)?

Glenn