Kaseya Community

Kaseya "Prompted Input" Not a String?

This question is answered

I have been working on a script to rename a computer, and I've verified that the powershell works, but the issue is that the argument being passed by Kaseya is coming in as blank input.  I'm pretty sure the #promptMsg# is not passing a string at this point.

Does anyone have a solution for this?  Or know what type of variable #promptMsg# is being returned as?

Verified Answer
  • I think you are doing completely wrong. You are executing powershell script and than put variable as script argument? You should put actual commands into arguments field and then use variable after that.

• I've seen similar issues - try putting both the powershell file and #promptMsg# in the 'parameters' box.

All Replies
  • I think you are doing completely wrong. You are executing powershell script and than put variable as script argument? You should put actual commands into arguments field and then use variable after that.

• I've seen similar issues - try putting both the powershell file and #promptMsg# in the 'parameters' box.

•  and were both saying the same thing I believe.  What ended up working was placing both the path to the powershell script and the argument in the arguments field.  

I think was telling me to put them both in the first field, but whatever the case, putting both pieces together was the solution.

• Hi

I have a simular issue where I want to run a powesrhell script for a specific user on adn RDs server:

( when a certan event accours for that specific user)

Im think if i could use this approach.

Promt the user to fill in their username

so the scripts runs on the corect userprofile

and to make it even harder it has to be run wit admin privilages

Or if someone knows how the fix the damn start meny in rds 16 enviromets

We know tis fill fix the dead start menu if the user is admin wich they are not ofcourse

Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Have you tried just using the built in widows option to rename a computer like everyone else does? If you are asking for the user to put in admin credentials, its basically the same steps.

• , I really didn't understand 's comment.  I don't think they are asking to change the computer name as I was.  

I wanted to use Kaseya so that I wouldn't have to interrupt the end user's workflow to change their computer name.