Kaseya Community

Anyone else seeing random folders created in C:\Windows\Temp\ folder after installing new Malwarebytes?

This question has suggested answer(s)

I have brought this up to Kaseya and they deny it.  Can anyone with NEW Malwarebytes look at their C:\Windows\Temp folder?  There are folders named xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx in the temp folder that is growing at an insane rate. 

All Replies
  • I have seen this behavior on some of my endpoints. I didn't know what was causing it. I'll have to look and see if there are new KAM clients.

• Hi  

I could not find any open tickets. I noticed that all the tickets were marked as solved due to lack of response.

I am going to re-open your latest ticket which references this is a KAM issue and note my findings on this issue.

Best,

Nicolas

• Following up here, this has been reported to engineering. 

If you are experiencing this issue - please submit a ticket and reference the following problem ticket # 150046

• Has there been a fix for this?  

Or are we expected to check each of our endpoints for this misbehavior?

•  

We have not released a fix for this yet.

Please create a support ticket and reference the referenced problem ticket should you want to be notified when the fix is released or the current status of it.

• I opened a ticket 14570 for this issue on July 18.   I was told on August 23 it was a newly reported issue and would be linked to an engineering case.  I have not received any updates since August 23.

Tim

• Latest Kaseya Patch fixed this issue

• I have the latest patch and still have the problem.

I show some folders created today. I just deleted them all and will see if any more pop up.

• I, too, have this issue. The patch brought the frequency down from 2 folders every 2 minutes to 2 folders every 3 hours. Support sent my ticket back to dev to have them do further research.