Kaseya Community

Application Blocker

This question is not answered

(New to the K-forum)

Quick question.

I have a fairly large list of blocked .EXE's.  For various reasons we currently do not have all EXEs blocked on every machine.  What I want to know is, besides the manual way, is there an easy way to get a complete list of all EXEs blocked on all machines in one complete list?   Thanks in advance guys.

Dave

All Replies
  • Hi , welcome to the community! 

(We also have some FAQs here that highlight some training options)

However, you can build a report part using the Agent > Agent Protection Settings Dataset.

Here is an example:

Once you build your report part, you can insert the report part in a custom report along with any other report parts or configurations required.

• Hey, thanks for the suggestion.  I ran the report.   Maybe it's the way I configured it but it seems to be very similar information to looking at each agent and copy/pasting the list right from the screen.   I was hoping to get a straight list of all the (unique) EXEs collected from all agents.  I don't really need to know what agent  blocks what EXE.  I'll be the first to admit I suck at using the reporting system.  Maybe I'll tinker around so see what I can come up with.

• Hello dgoldberg,

If you are comfortable making a report in SSRS (or any other report generator)

you could get a unique list of blocked applications by querying the table directly:

select distinct userFilePath from protectedfiles

This would give you a list of blocked applications listing the application one time only.

If you had the same app added with multiple path and still wanted to consider it as unique you could do something as follows:

select distinct RIGHT(userFilePath, CHARINDEX('\', REVERSE(userFilePath)) -1) from protectedfiles

Which would strip the path from your applications and then reduce the output to unique executable names.

Best Regards

• Hello again,

Forgot to mention that for example to find only executable common to EVERY agent you could do this (it is probably very ugly and there's surely a better way to do it, but it's the first thing that I had in mind).

select RIGHT(pf.userFilePath, CHARINDEX('\', REVERSE(pf.userFilePath)) -1)

(

select count(*) from

vAgentName a, protectedfiles b

where a.agentGuid = b.agentGuid

and RIGHT(b.userFilePath, CHARINDEX('\', REVERSE(b.userFilePath)) -1) = min(RIGHT(pf.userFilePath, CHARINDEX('\', REVERSE(pf.userFilePath)) -1))

)

from protectedfiles pf

group by RIGHT(pf.userFilePath, CHARINDEX('\', REVERSE(pf.userFilePath)) -1)

having

(

select count(*) from

vAgentName a, protectedfiles b

where a.agentGuid = b.agentGuid

and RIGHT(b.userFilePath, CHARINDEX('\', REVERSE(b.userFilePath)) -1) = min(RIGHT(pf.userFilePath, CHARINDEX('\', REVERSE(pf.userFilePath)) -1))

) = (select count(*) from vAgentName)

I am pretty sure there's a better way to do it.. but this works.