Kaseya Community

Reset domain user password

This question is answered

I was wondering if it was possible to reset a domain users password to a randomly generated password everyday at midnight and then have that password emailed to me.

Verified Answer
  • You could write a powershell command or script to generate a random password, then use kaseya to run that command and return the results to a variable, then use that variable to set a password for a user account and email you the password.

having it do this for a domain account is easy if it runs on the domain controller. I'm not sure about running from a workstation though.

All Replies
  • You could write a powershell command or script to generate a random password, then use kaseya to run that command and return the results to a variable, then use that variable to set a password for a user account and email you the password.

having it do this for a domain account is easy if it runs on the domain controller. I'm not sure about running from a workstation though.

• Thank you for the help, we have written the powershell command and got it working.  If anyone would be interested in the script please let me know and i will post it here.

• I am always interested in reading through scripts that solve issues/processes - could you please post?