Kaseya Community

Windows 10 - Audit not detecting Windows 10

• We've upgraded a few end points to Windows 10. The agent seems to work great after. Remote control, patch management, agent procedures, all seem to work well. Now for the problem, we've also run new audits. None of them are reporting as actually being on Windows 10. They all show 8.1. This brings two questions:

1. How do I make it report as Windows 10?

2. If it's Windows 10, but Kaseya thinks its 8.1, will it push the incorrect patches to it?

Thanx in advance!

• VSA 9.1 has Windows 10 support and recognizes agents as such - I can confirm this works as we have several win10 machines already in production. This includes machines that were previously 8.1 and audited as 8.1, being upgraded to 10 and audit subsequently seeing them as 10 - so yes if you upgrade your machines to win10, K audit will pick up the change.

I believe you will need to upgrade to VSA R9.1 to have Windows 10 detection/support.

[edited by: Craig Hart at 8:51 PM (GMT -7) on Aug 3, 2015]
  • Procedure Get-OS Version.xml

I can't go to 9.1 after 9.0 broke things for the past 2 months and my boss doesn't trust it now... so, i'm dealing with the same thing.

Microsoft changed the registry values to determine OS version in 10. The key is still  HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

Previously, the value was CurrentVersion as REG_SZ

Now, it is split into two REG_DWORD(s) CurrentMajorVersionNumber and CurrentMinorVersionNumber

For my environments, I have created a script that pulls the kernel version from these and write it to a custom field which I then build a view from. I have attached the procedure, but it expects a custom field named OSVer. For a reference on kernel versions, you can go to msdn.microsoft.com/.../ms724832(v=vs.85).aspx

Fortunately, out of our ~8k endpoints, it appears only one got by my blocks and updated.