Kaseya Community

Basic Report Struggles

This question is not answered

I'm still learning the in's and out's of Kaseya but one thing I need to get done is I need to create two reports and have them emailed to me at least once a week. 

Report 1: An Adobe Flash report that shows the MachineID, and Flash version

Report 2: An Adobe Reader report that shows the MachineID, and Reader version

I was told by someone in support who I have no faith in that this type of report would be a feature request. Really!!??

If anyone can assist with creating this basic report I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

[edited by: dswinford at 6:39 AM (GMT -7) on Jun 26, 2015]
All Replies
  • Hi ,

You can accomplish this by creating a Report Part under Audit > Applications. The report part should be a "Table Report Part". I created a few screenshots below to generally walk you through the process, if you need more details, please feel free to let me know.

1) When you build the table report, you can select the columns needed. In your case, it sounds like you need the MachineID, Product Name, and Version. You might want to consider using the computer name but that is up to you.

2) The second page will allow you to do Order by or Group By. Doesn't sound like you need this so this will be optional.

3) The third page for filtering is the key element you need. Create an Advance Filter for Product Name and fill in the Value for Flash. In the example screenshot below, I just quickly used  "Like" operator just in case the actual name of the product was something to the effect of "Adobe Flash Install...."

4) Final Results:

• Thanks for the quick reply!

I thought I was doing it correctly but support says it doesn't work that way. As a test I created a new "Report Part" under "Audit\Applications" using what you did and get "No data available" when I preview the report.

I am using Kaseya SAAS

• The support rep should be getting in contact with you today. I believe there was a breakthrough in the case.

Tim

• Thanks Tim he did reach out to me.

I appreciate your help with this!