Kaseya Community

Convert.exe consuming processor

• We are seeing the process convert.exe running on client machines (including our own internal Kaseya clients). It is located in the temp directory we assign the agents (not a standard Windows temp directory) and for a certain period consumes 50% of the processor time. The result is performance complaints from customers. The file identifies itself as "Microsoft Office Updates Inventory Tool", but is running too frequently and outside the schedule we have set for patch scanning and installation. Has anyone seen this?

Legacy Forum Name: Convert.exe consuming processor,
    Legacy Posted By Username: acraft@netlink-systems.com
  • Funny, my Vista machine was almost hung with that process running. I had no idea why or what it did; I thought it had something to do with NTFS volumes (which would make no sense since everything already IS NTFS).

So yeah, another vote for "I saw it, too."

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: warever
  • I don't have an answer as to why it happened yet, but a large number of client machines (all at one client site for that matter) got stuck in some kind of loop with patch scanning. The scan was running but not completing. The ridiculously easy solution was to cancel the scan on all the problem machines and reschedule it.

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: acraft@netlink-systems.com