Kaseya Community

Help vista agents running really slow!

• Hi,

I hope one of you could help me please. We are an MSP and have 350 users currently supported by kaseya around the UK. We have a 2MB DSL internet connection with a 250K upload. Our server is an HP DC7700 Desktop with Server 2003 on and 2GB RAM and it is connected to our switch which is only 100base and not gigabit.

Anyway the problem we have been having since using kaseya is that it runs really slow on our clients Vista business laptops. It is that slow that we cannot even move the mouse round the screen and usually resort to talking the user through the process as it's unworkable. On any XP pro machines this doesn't happen and it always runs quick enought to do the job. All the vista machine are all new laptops with 2GB RAM, duel core processors. I have tried Sony Vaio's and all makes of Vista laptops at lots of different of different sites at our clients and get the same results. I've raised a ticket with kaseya but nobody come back to me, does anyone have any ideas? Does vista remote agents work quick on everyone else's network?

Cheers

Craig

Legacy Forum Name: Help vista agents running really slow!,
    Legacy Posted By Username: craig
  • do you mean remote control of vista machines?

We have the agent installed on loads of vista machines with no issues?

we do get better results using Kvnc though.

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: primalooze
  • Yeah sorry if I wasn't clear then, I do mean reomte control using KVNC, what internet connection and speed do you have?

Anyone else run vista remote control speed wise ok?

• well we have a 10MBleasedline... which is probably why we dont see any slowdown.

how do you find it when you use the option:

(Restrict to 64 colors - this reduces network traffic)

does this speed it up any?

Legacy Posted By Username: primalooze
  • Hmm...

We are not aware of this, but a couple of thoughts

- you dont have enough memory in the "server"... We have 4 GB of physical memory and currently the server is showing 2.2 GB of memory used and we are supporting 250 seats currently

- For Vista, we have found that Vista really, really needs at three GB of memory and preferably 4 GB.

- Why are you using a desktop machine for Kaseya instead of a real server?

hc

Legacy Posted By Username: howardc
  • I feel your pain. I am trying to work on a customer laptop that runs Vista and I click on something and wait at least a minute before the screen reflects whatI did. My Server is a Dual Core machine running 4 GB or RAM and i have a 6MB internet pipe. This is rediculous. It only happens on Vista machines nothing else. What is the deal?

Legacy Posted By Username: bcrittenden
  • Have anyone got any idea about this, is it a kaseya issue or a kvnc issue???

I've tried turning areo off and change the displays setting to best performance but its still really slow???

We have lots of vista clients and we are having to go onsite to clients to do the work as doing it remotley is impossible, please someone have an answer???

• We have a 10T connection in the datacenter with a pile of RAM on the kserver. Experiencing difficulties and slowness even when we put a vista box for remote control on ethernet to the server.

The Vista boxes used for testing had 4Gig of ram. Only having difficulty with Vista O/S under management.

Also, K-VNC looses mouse control frequently. We also have been going to site rather than remote. I would love if someone has some ideas; we have exausted our brain trust...

Legacy Posted By Username: opiron
  • Has anyone else resovled this vista kvnc speed issue, we are really struglling and will hold off getting more licenses until this is sorted???