Kaseya Community

Branding the agent

• startmenu.jpg
    I was wondering how you can edit the agent when it is installed to display a custom start menu folder, custom file name with a custom icon

Legacy Forum Name: Branding the agent,
    Legacy Posted By Username: dbrice@tsachoice.com
  • I don't recall if there's a way of changing the install directory (I seem to recall that there is but don't remember the parameters). As for the Start Menu folder and program name, you can pretty easily create a script that runs after the installation (or at any time) to change that - a simple "rename" would do.

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: warever
  • You can change the install directory by setting a parameter when you create the installer. Create a new agent under Deploy Agents (Install Agents section under Agents tab) and look through the help for what all the switches are. I know one of them will allow you to change the install path, we do that for our agents.

There should be a sample script for renaming the agent in the start menu. I believe there is also a sample script that allows you to rename the program when it's listed in Add/Remove.

IIRC, there is a thread all about branding. You should look through that, as I believe all this info is posted there.

Legacy Posted By Username: byulke
  • that icon can be changed with a resource hacker..

http://www.kaseya.com/kforum/view_topic.php?id=439&forum_id=19

Legacy Posted By Username: sean kubin
  • For some reason, I don't have access to the post.

Is the resource hacker a seperate utility used to edit Exe's?

Legacy Posted By Username: CPuryear