Kaseya Community

Agent Log Settings Disabling Themselves

• When I change the agent log settings,certain types oflogs get disabled on certain machines 'automatically' after a few minutes.

For instance, if I set one of my servers to log Events, Warnings, and Information for App, Sec, and Sys logs, it will update to that setting (turn back to black), and then a few minutes later, one or more of the settings will remove itself (for instance, Application Errors will no longer be there).

I can tell no one is doing it manually because it happens within a few minutes when no one else is logged in.

What could cause this and how do I fix it?

Legacy Forum Name: Agent Log Settings Disabling Themselves,
    Legacy Posted By Username: dhorton
  • Kaseya has a limit on the event logs of the past 500 entires. To help protect against a run away event log entry using the entire 500, if more that 100 entries are detected in a certain period of time (cant remember time frame) the Kaseya will stop logging this particular event until you renable it. I would look on the machine in questions and find out what is causing so many eveng log entries and fix thay issue.

God Bless,
    Marty

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • I am having the same problem. I have a server that was spewing 100's of errors, and now the logging has been disabled on that server.

I took your advice and checked out the server, which is where i found the problem. I have since fixed the problem and there is no errors comming into the log anymore, however my agent still registers as being disabled.

Is there anywhere i have to go to enabling loggin again or should it do it automatically?

Thanks in advance for your help. :-D

Benji

Legacy Posted By Username: Benji13
  • You have to go to the Agent Tab, the Log settings, and reapply the settings.

God Bless,
    Marty

Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • I've been getting that on a ton of different machines for varying reasons (like antivirus software not being able to scan antispyware quarantines). Sadly, Kaseya doesn't warn me so when I expect to get notification of some problem on a system, I simply don't get the notification.

I imagine I could setup an alert that warns me when Kaseya shuts off logging. Sounds weird... having to set an alert when my monitoring software quits monitoring.

And then having to "fix" things that aren't really true issues but merely which cause Kaseya to freak out.

What's weird, though, is a couple of machines that I checked show the "logging disabled" entry in the log and then quite a few more entries after that - for as much as a day or two from what I saw. So it is disabled but still logging.

Too bad that I can't set a script to automatically reenable logging.

Legacy Posted By Username: warever
  • Thanks for that!!!

I must havlooked at that page about a 1000 times.... too bad i didn't notice the E missing from the App Log....

Anyway back up and working again.

Thanks

Ben

Legacy Posted By Username: Benji13