Kaseya Community

Having trouble installing agent on a new Mac

• I am trying to install the agent on a new iMac running OS X 10.10.1 

When I click the Kcsetup icon, I get the stock message warning about installing programs downloaded from the web, then I click OK or Open and nothing happens. I set the security settings to allow apps from anywhere but the problem persists.

I have Kaseya agents running on other Macs with this OS, although they may all be machines that had it installed prior upgrades to 10.10.1. I can only think of one other reason it won't install: May be a problem because the new machine was created from a Time Machine backup of the previous machine. Maybe there are some old kaseya files that need to be removed first?

Anyone got any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

• Hi ,

It may be worth while to run the Kaseya Agent Uninstall package, and follow the other steps listed in the below article to verify all previous Kaseya Agent components have been removed:

https://helpdesk.kaseya.com/entries/32387897-How-do-I-manually-uninstall-the-Kaseya-Mac-Agent-

Kind Regards,

Nicolas

• R8 isn't fully compatible with 10.10 it seems. The R9 beta release notes mention better 10.10 support coming in R9:

Additional New Features

Agents - Apple VAKF-311 Extended support for installing agents on OS X 10.10.

Live Connect - Apple CC-2066 Live Connect website now works with Yosemite (MacOSX 10.10)