Kaseya Community

Current User

• Good day all,

I'm not sure if this post should be here or not, but here goes.

I have one agent that does not list the current user. I've removed and reinstalled already with no change. Is there a setting or check box perhaps that hides the current user?

I've been unable to find any such setting butI may just be overlooking it.

Thanks,

-Michel

Legacy Forum Name: Current User,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mbertin
  • Only thing I can think of is to reboot. I've noticed that when the agent is installed it shows a logged in with the user who installed the agent. Once rebooted it shows correct user.

other than that, I am no help.

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rage
  • We have seen the same problem on a small number of machines. On the one machine that consistently does NOT show the logged in user, we were able to manually start the KaUsrTsk.exe (because it was NOT already running as it should have been)and then a restart of the Kaseya service got it to report properly. But that's just for testing purposes it doesn't solve it because after a reboot or logoff/logon, it's broken again.

The question is why doesn't it start itself as most machines do. I had tried to have kaseya tech support solve this in the past but after they spent a lot of time (including my time) and got nowhere, I gave up and just deal with it.

This is a serious problem because it causes the system to reboot without asking the user if Kaseya tries to install a patch. And since kaseya reboots on patch install attempts, even if the patch install fails, this can be a daily occurance and big problem for users.

If you find a solution/cause, I'd love to know.

FYI - we also have some anecdotal evidence that some laptops don't properly show user logged in after a recovery from hibernate mode. But overall these machines work properly on boot up. We haven't isolated this problem with a repeatable test, so that's why I consider it anecdotal.

Legacy Posted By Username: kentschu
  • kentschu wrote:
    FYI - we also have some anecdotal evidence that some laptops don't properly show user logged in after a recovery from hibernate mode. But overall these machines work properly on boot up. We haven't isolated this problem with a repeatable test, so that's why I consider it anecdotal.

So far this is the only machine that this has happened on, and it just so happens to be a laptop. The recovery from hibernation or standby is worth looking into as it is probably is the cause.

As for the reboot after a patch, it was causing the user a headache, which in turn is giving me a headache. SoI changed it to not reboot and send an email, at least untill I figure this out.

I'll reply here ifI find anything else.

Legacy Posted By Username: mbertin