Kaseya Community

LAN Watch Returns Nothing

• I have agents installed on a couple of systems on an internal class C subnet (i.e. 10.1.47.x/24). I've setup LAN Watch on one of the systems but could not get anything in return - no Windows PCs nor SNMP detections- and I have a good number of systems on this network.

Thinking it was something on one of the systems, I moved LAN Watch over to another system - but still no joy.

I've checked everything I can think of...credentials, permissions, etc...but nothing seems to work. I'm not scanning more than 65535 systems (not to mention again, it's a class C subnet meaning there are only 254 possible connected systems), there are no software firewalls present on any of these systems, the systems potentially being scanned do not have any known communications issues, the systems are all part of one domain, credentials and permissions seem to be in order, and the Agent Script Logs report "Script Summary: Success THEN"on the "scanLan" script but still the Install Agent section reports "No LAN Watch data available".

Additionally, if I download the pre-packaged client and PSEXEC, I can remotely install to systems (I'd just prefer to do it through Kaseya rather than build some remote install script).

I am at a loss and any help would be greatly appreciated. :-?

Thanks,

-Dean

Legacy Forum Name: LAN Watch Returns Nothing,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Squidly
  • Hi, I had a similar issue. You might be able to resolve this simply by downloading the latest psexec.exe and copying it to your VSASharedFiles directory on the Kserver. The following post might be of assistance:

http://www.kaseya.com/kforum/view_topic.php?id=2135&forum_id=2

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jaime
  • I appreciate the tip...but no joy.Sad

I went and updated PSEXEC (and other PSTOOLS) and setup LAN Watch on a system which was just brought online with the Kaseya Agent install on the same network and after a couple of hours LAN Watch still reports no data on the Install Agent page.

Again, script logs indicate that scanLan is running successfully.

I've been able to install the Kaseya Agent to a number of the other systems by building abatch script and deploying the agent that wayusing PSEXEC to remotely install it.

Also, this is the only network I have issues withLANWatch on this Kaseya server. ThisKaseya server watches a number of other networks and runs LAN Watch on them and everything returns fine.

-Dean F.

• I've been noticing this lately as well. What has changed?

Could this have anything to do with the ignore setting?

Legacy Posted By Username: TimJ
  • I wonder if the LAN Watch issue could also be caused by this...

http://www.kaseya.com/kforum/view_topic.php?id=181&forum_id=10

I know for a fact that many of the client systems have Norton AV on them.

Just a thought.

• Imported Empty Post

Legacy Posted By Username: graham lyle
  • Just a thought but most of our servers have dual NIC's they were all picking up the internet side of it rather than the local NIC hence the ip range being scanned had nothing on it , manually set the ip address in ther scan range and it might work it did for us.

• Imported Empty Post

• Imported Empty Post