Kaseya Community

View Progress or Details of Agent Prcedures

This question is answered

Being in IT for years, I've come to rely on logging when something is hung up or not running correctly.  I've noticed with Kaseya it's hard to find or non-existent.

My question is, is there a way to turn on verbose logging to help figure out why a procedure is hanging or not running?

My situation today was trying to push PDF Creator to a user using software deployment.  I waited a few minutes and didn't see it installed so I went looking at the pending procedures to find that it's sitting there, with the deploy time highlighted in yellow.  I wish there was a way to look at it's progress to help identify why it's not moving.  I mean do I wait 5 minutes, forever, do I cancel it?  Problem being the user needed it then, so I already had them reboot and tried to re-deploy and I finally had to go out to ninite.com and just grab the installer that way and remote to them and run the install.

Can anyone offer some insight into this?

Verified Answer
  • What I would do in your situation is place progress placeholders within the script.

Before a major function is executed (write file, execute shell) I would put in an entry in the procedure log so you know at least where in the script its at.

Currently there no way to see the progress of a script once its been send to the endpoint and is executing (highlighted in yellow)

All Replies
  • What I would do in your situation is place progress placeholders within the script.

Before a major function is executed (write file, execute shell) I would put in an entry in the procedure log so you know at least where in the script its at.

Currently there no way to see the progress of a script once its been send to the endpoint and is executing (highlighted in yellow)

• That's disappointing but what i had thought.  i'll take your idea into consideration it's just frustrating that the most used scripts (built-in) have no way to troubleshoot.

• You can view built-in procedures by holding Shift+Alt and clicking the area just to the right of the procedure name (the cursor will change into a hand). It will open in the old script editor though, so will not always display accurately.

• This will not give insight on where the script is at in terms of execution.

You can simply press edit in Agent Procedures to get this information.

• Built-in procedures are not listed under the usual Agent Procedures area and we cannot edit them. However, by viewing them, we can at least get a sense of what it was trying to do... like process names to check for in Task Manager.