Kaseya Community

Agent Icons Keep Disappearing On Some Computers

• I been seeing this issue keep coming up throughout my userbase. Their Kaseya Icons keep disappearing and wont come back. Which means they cant get to there chat and cant submit tickets.

Any one have this issue when say explorer crashes the kaseya programs are still running but the icon in the sys tray is missing.

Or

Sometimes the icon in the system tray goes missing and even after a reboot sometimes comes back and sometimes doesnt.

Even when i restart the kaseya server it still wont come back. I cant be the only one with this issue so i figures someone has already figures this one out.

Thanks in advance.Smile
    Anthony Giambastiani

Remotetechs

Legacy Forum Name: Agent Icons Keep Disappearing On Some Computers,
    Legacy Posted By Username: RemoteTechs
  • I have seen this happen, but very rarely. And almost always, a reboot brings it back.

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • Its been happening pretty frequently, enough for me where a simple reboot is pretty annoying for the clients

• Weird. I'll have to check our machines. We have over 1,000 agents installed and I haven't heard of this happening frequently.

Is there a pattern or certain groups of machines that this happens or is it just random?

• We manage right around 600 machines and I have gotten a couple tickets a month about were my Agent Icon went. Having to tell them that to reboot there computer fixes it. It seems to happen on the same computers across all differnt networks.

Like if you were to crash explorer how can we get back the agent Icon without doing a restart it there any program that we can cycle to get it to work?

Anthony

• Hmm, sounds like if they are happening on the same computers, maybe there's something in common that could explain it. If this isn't happening on other machines, maybe there's something about those that could help with these machines.

Just a thought.

• Does restarting the agent service do the same thing as the reboot?

Legacy Posted By Username: rwitt
  • I have also had the same issue on some pc's and servers. The Icon disapears but, agentmon.exe is still running. Stopping the service and ending task on agentmon.exe and then relaunching agentmon does not seem to work. If I do the above and reboot it is hit and miss if the icon comes back.

Legacy Posted By Username: pobrien
  • Just to verify, the icons are missing when a user is sitting in front of the actual machine, correct? Not during a terminal services session, correct? It's known that the system agent icon does NOT show up during a terminal services session.

Just wanted to eliminate some possibilities.

• In my case I have never had any kaseya icons appear in a Terminal Service Session. They only appear when the users is logged in locally.

Legacy Posted By Username: pobrien
  • This is happening to us, also... In our case, we didn't notice it until we tried to customize the .ico in the system tray with our own logo. When we did this, and reinstalled the agent, the icon appeared for a few seconds, then disappeared. The service was still running, and the agent was still communicating with the server.

Again, in our case, this kept happening, even after a reboot. We went back to the default "K" icon, and have had no more trouble. On my machine, I left the agent that was installed with our logo, and since we have gone back to default on the K Server, even my custom icon has not disappeared.

--arthur

Legacy Posted By Username: arthur
  • pobrien wrote:
    In my case I have never had any kaseya icons appear in a Terminal Service Session. They only appear when the users is logged in locally.

If you are using the RDP client to connect to the server console (/console from the command-line, or an option in the newer versions of the RDP client), you will see the agent icon.

Legacy Posted By Username: BulletproofSean
  • arthur wrote:
    This is happening to us, also... In our case, we didn't notice it until we tried to customize the .ico in the system tray with our own logo. When we did this, and reinstalled the agent, the icon appeared for a few seconds, then disappeared. The service was still running, and the agent was still communicating with the server.

Again, in our case, this kept happening, even after a reboot. We went back to the default "K" icon, and have had no more trouble. On my machine, I left the agent that was installed with our logo, and since we have gone back to default on the K Server, even my custom icon has not disappeared.

--arthur

That doesn't sound normal. We've customized the icon on ours and don't experience the disappearing icon with our logo.

Sorry that I can't be much help since this doesn't appear to be an issue with us.

• Well thanks for answering, anyways Smile

If I find a cause and/or solution, i'll try to remember to post back here.

--arthur

Legacy Posted By Username: arthur
  • We have noticed the same issue. I called support and they asked to get on to a machine where the issue is happening but I have not been able to set that up (not support's fault I would add). But it does seem quite random. As we use the submit help function of the agent this is a problem when people are trying to put in requests. We have got to the point where we put an icon on the dektop of the machines where it happens so they can submit help requests as a reboot is, as others have said, an inconvenience we should not have to impose on our users. For those who are interested we also use a custom icon.

Legacy Posted By Username: awnicolson