Kaseya Community

Agent Temp Directory

• Greetings,
    I am having issues when installing an agent deployment that uses settings from a template. I have set the template to use a temporary directory other than C:\Temp. After installing the agent on a machine it reports the custom temp directory as the correct temp directory, but the temp directory never gets created. Which of course causes my scripts to bomb when they attempt to write files to that directory. Has anyone else had this issue or know a fix?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Legacy Forum Name: Agent Temp Directory,
    Legacy Posted By Username: JStender
  • And wouldn't you know it, I answered my own question not shortly after I posted my request.

Apparently the directory will be created if you usethe "Write File" script option, but if you are using the greater than sign in a command prompt the directory is not created. Which was the issue that was causing me problems. So my fix is just to create a script that issues the "Write File" script option to insert an empty file, and delete the file which will create the directory. I shall just call this script during the initial agent deployment, and problem fixed.

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: JStender