Kaseya Community

Scripting Single Threaded?

• Is the execution of scripts on the agent a single threaded process?

I've been sitting for ages wondering why a simple script was stalled until I discovered I'd pointed the patch location to the wrong folder and it looks like the agent is pulling down a fresh copy of BUDR from the kserver.

gordon

Legacy Forum Name: Scripting Single Threaded?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gordonc
  • The scripts are executed in order of execution. The Kserver will not start a script on a machine until the currently running script finishes, be it failure or success. So you are correct, they are executed one at a time.

God Bless,

Marty

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • It true it's single threaded. I've mentioned this to Kaseya before. I understand why they did it this way. However, it means no other script can run while another is running. Now I'm going to get a bit off the main topic. A closer look and you notice remote control is a script like everything else. So if a system is running an audit or patch scan, the remote control script will not work until the other script finishes. Kaseya please fix this. Remote control needs to work 100% of the time.

Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • You should see how the external checks like ping etc get done!

I was quite impressed with the agent, but the more I get into this, the more cracks I see in it (unfortunately). The main thing is how quickly these issues get resolved.

gordon

Legacy Posted By Username: gordonc