Kaseya Community

using vista

• I keep keep getting this error, after I installed the agent (4.7). I can connect to the Vista machine remotely, but can not connect to machines from it. Here is there error:

[Image didn't link]

Here is the error:

VNC Viewer: Error
    "RegCreateKeyEx: Access is denied. (5)"

How do I correct this? Or has anyone else got this message?

Legacy Forum Name: using vista,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • Open IE in Administrator mode the first time you use VNC to remote control - from there on it will work - it just needs the admin priviliges once to install properly.

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: tom@tbkconsulting.biz
  • The way I go it to work is to add your support site to the "Trusted Sites"on the "Security" tab under "Internet Option" in IE...

Legacy Posted By Username: JStender
  • * stupid double post...

Legacy Posted By Username: JStender
  • worked like a charm once I added it to the safe site list. Thank you.

Legacy Posted By Username: pjdaley
  • But has anyone figured out how to get VNC (via Video Streaming) to work on a Vista client machine for making a remote connection?

Legacy Posted By Username: kentschu
  • Per Kaseay from the webinar on 4.7 VNC is not compatible its self with Vista to remote control it. I'm guessing they are waiting on the people that make VNC to add Vista compatibility.

Legacy Posted By Username: rumptis
  • Yes, but that is a lousy answer from Kaseya. They need to step up and find a way to make it work.

Most of theother major remote control packages/services support Vista flawlessly already.

• works fine for me, I have vista business, I can connect to it, from it, video stream from it. No problems what so ever.

Legacy Posted By Username: pjdaley
  • kentschu wrote:
    Yes, but that is a lousy answer from Kaseya. They need to step up and find a way to make it work.

Most of theother major remote control packages/services support Vista flawlessly already.

I aggree with you, they need to stepup on alot of things I was just repeating what they said.

As much as we are paying they should be doing alot more. 6 months for the things that got updated in this last update is a well...let me stop there you get the picture.

Legacy Posted By Username: rumptis
  • pjdaley,

I won't repeat the whole thread again here, but there is a separate thread where we are discussing the problems.

Nutshell:

1) Video streaming TO a Vista machine doesn't seem to work

2) VNC-type remote control TO a Vista machine is not available at all, only TS/RDP-type, which is lousy remote control for desktops

• I wonder if disabling Aero Glass will help it work?

Legacy Posted By Username: rwitt
  • I spoke with the guys from VNC and they advise that VNC is Vista compatible now and has beensince january.

Legacy Posted By Username: graham lyle
  • I don't think that's the problem. I think the problem is being able to "allow" VNC to run properly on Vista.

I had actually deployed a couple of 4.6 agents to Vista machines before the 4.7 upgrade. They installed okay, but the device driver Kaseya uses was incompatible. The agent itself was functional and I could run scripts and whatnot, but when I attempted a remote control session to the Vista machine, there were several places the user had to allow the install of VNC and allow it to run, etc.

Very painful to deploy remotely, and I think (so far) is the reason why Kaseya is just basically saying "to hell with it".

Legacy Posted By Username: BulletproofSean
  • VNC is fully capable of being remotely deployed. The actual problem is that Kaseya did not purchase the "paid" enterprise version of VNC and instead relies on the "free" version of VNC, which has not been updated (and Kaseya has not written an update themselves). This is one of the major downsides of relying on a free, open source package - you are at the whim of development community. I think that Kaseya needs to step up and make this happen. If they need to license the paid version, then so be it. We can't run our critical business support software on merely the hope that it will maintain its features on new operating systems based on free, unsupported software.

If I'm incorrect in my assumptions, please Kaseya step in and correct me because Kaseya staff have been awfully silent on this topic (and many others lately as well).

And as a reminder, almost every other major remote control software now supports Vista including LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, etc. And they've all figured out how to handle remote installation.

Kaseya sells a product that provides remote control, so they can't simply say "hell with it" at least not in my opinion. We purchased a product expecting full development support of all features, not just the convenient ones.

Are webeing too had on Kaseya with our expectations?