Kaseya Community

ActiveX control kaxRemote.dll failed to load! (Can't post to Remote Control Forum)

• OK. So UAC off, delete the kaseya dll file and crank the whole thing up again. VNC is now working from Vista! Note that it still sat doing nothing until I'd deleted the file.

Thanks for the attitude readjustment Gamer-X:-)

gordon

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gordonc
  • When I come to Scotland, we can share a glass of Kaseya Kool-Aid.
    Hopefully that will be sooner, rather than later.
    Smile
    Glad it works for you now.

Gamer-X

Legacy Posted By Username: Gamer-X
  • Gamer-X wrote:
    When I come to Scotland, we can share a glass of Kaseya Kool-Aid.
    Hopefully that will be sooner, rather than later.
    Smile
    Glad it works for you now.

Gamer-X

It's a date :-)

gordon

Legacy Posted By Username: gordonc
  • Interesting to see that UAC can cause issues with IE7 active X. I was able to get the VNC remote to work after deleting the active X file and disabling UAC. After getting it to work, I re-enabled UAC and it failed again.

I am notifying our entire staff about this issue. I can see this issue come up again on other active X files as our clients migrate to Vista.

Kaseya staff, if you are listening, Please look into this issue and let us know why this is happening.

Thanks,

John Endter

Legacy Posted By Username: esquaredc
  • I am not with the Kaseya staff.... but I can tell you part of the problem. UAC "User Account Control" is block certain rights that you previously had in XP. In Vista, Microsoft is denying the rights in order to help protect users from harm.

All in all Great Idea.... CLAP CLAP CLAP.
    Bad news, lots of programs will not work with UAC enabled.
    Good News, EVERYONE that makes software is aware of the issue.

Food for thought.
    Imagine trying to control a computer remotely... using Kaseya for example, and not being able to do your job because you are not given proper credentials.
    Ponder that for a sec....
    UAC .... google it so that you know more about it. There is plenty of info already on Google.

It is not Kaseya's fault that Microsoft is denying access to certain key features using UAC. It is important to understand what Microsoft has changed.

IE7 - is going to block time and again, until you physically change the settings... by default it will stop you every time. This is on purpose from Microsoft. ( protection )
    The same is true with UAC. Until you change the way it handles things, you are going to continue to have a problem, ESPECIALLY with remote control software.

Microsoft is taking a BOLD move here to protect people... but at the expense of ALL remote access programs...not just Kaseya. They are viewing ANY remote connection as a HACK... the same with Active X, their own *** creation. Smile

Hope this helps your short term support policy with Vista. I think you need to read up on VISTA a lot more. The fact that you posted says.... I have not completed my JEDI trainning yet.
    Smile

Gamer-X

Legacy Posted By Username: Gamer-X
  • I haven't used Vista for a month-or-so, but you might try "run as admin" on IE. This might get you around the UAC issue without having to completely disable it.

This should be a right-click option. If it's the same as XP, you might have to shift-right-click.

Legacy Posted By Username: rwitt