ActiveX control kaxRemote.dll failed to load! (Can't post to Remote Control Forum)

Forums

Forums
Forums, discussions, and Q&A for all products.

ActiveX control kaxRemote.dll failed to load! (Can't post to Remote Control Forum)

  • Hi I keep getting this message when tryinging to start a VNC remote control session with Vista Enterprise, this is the full RTM version not a beta. I've tried enabling all ActiveX controls in IE7 but this hasn't fixed the problem.

    Also is it better (more secure) to upgrade to RAdmin? I only have 15 clients at the moment so won't be going for the Helpdesk solution.

    Kind Regards

    Martyn


    Legacy Forum Name: ActiveX control kaxRemote.dll failed to load! (Can't post to Remote Control Forum),
    Legacy Posted By Username: TwoPlus1
  • There also seems to be some issues when posting to the forum using vista and IE7. I think I finally got it to go

    Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: esquaredc
  • I am aslo having the same issue. I am running Vista RTM on a sony laptop. I have XP PRO SP2 and IE6 on my workstation and it works perfect. Is this a Kaseya/Vista/IE7 issue? Here is the error I get when I try to remote control a client using VNC:

    ActiveX control kaxRemote.dll failed to load! -- Please check browser security settings. Verify that signed ActiveX controls may be downloaded and run from this browser

    John Endter


    Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: esquaredc
  • Same here, although frustratingly I did manage to get it to run once. Can't work out how though. I'm pretty sure I also tried it running IE as administrator. Just went and tried that again just now and it's sitting there doing nothing - not even an error message this time. One of our engineers is also running Vista RTM/IE7 and has the same problem.

    Our workaround is to RDP to an XP machine and run the remote control from there. Definitely not ideal, but at least we're not sitting high and dry. We're new to Kaseya just in the last few weeks, so it's not really a way of working yet to use VNC - we mostly RDP direct over a VPN, so the hassle factor is pretty low.

    It's also based on the assumption that the 4.7(?) release this month will resolve this.

    gordon


    Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gordonc
  • I was also RDP'd into my XP workstation and running remote control from there. Better yet, I have Virtual PC loaded on my Vista Laptop. I loaded XP Pro under the VPC and the remote control works from there. This way I can still use my laptop without having to VPN back to the office and get an RP session going.

    John Endter


    Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: esquaredc
  • All of our engineers are using Vista RTM no problem.

    Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • As it comes out of the box, or did you have to do some additional configuration?

    I'm assuming it's more of a Vista issue than IE7 as the XP box I RDP to is also running IE7.

    gordon


    Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gordonc
  • gordonc wrote:
    As it comes out of the box, or did you have to do some additional configuration?

    I'm assuming it's more of a Vista issue than IE7 as the XP box I RDP to is also running IE7.

    gordon

    Try adding your kaseya server's website to your trusted sites list.

    Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • Had already tried that as well. In fact, I just removed that configuration last week as I was fed up with the warning about having to open up a new IE7 window because it doesn't appear to want to load a site from the trusted sites zone in the same window as non-trusted sites.

    gordon


    Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gordonc
  • gordonc wrote:
    Had already tried that as well. In fact, I just removed that configuration last week as I was fed up with the warning about having to open up a new IE7 window because it doesn't appear to want to load a site from the trusted sites zone in the same window as non-trusted sites.

    gordon

    Maybe try disabling UAC. We have UAC enabled and it's fine.

    Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • I decided that no way will I disable UAC :-)

    If this is the way it's intended to be run, then this is the way users will see it, so I decided I better live with it no matter what.

    I'll go and see if I can delete the ActiveX for the viewer and let it be downloaded again.

    gordon


    Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gordonc
  • gordonc wrote:
    I decided that no way will I disable UAC :-)

    If this is the way it's intended to be run, then this is the way users will see it, so I decided I better live with it no matter what.

    I'll go and see if I can delete the ActiveX for the viewer and let it be downloaded again.

    gordon

    Yeah, I wouldn't live without UAC either but to see if that is what is causing it is a good troubleshooting step. At least you could rule it out.

    Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • far182 wrote:
    gordonc wrote:
    I decided that no way will I disable UAC :-)

    If this is the way it's intended to be run, then this is the way users will see it, so I decided I better live with it no matter what.

    I'll go and see if I can delete the ActiveX for the viewer and let it be downloaded again.

    gordon

    Yeah, I wouldn't live without UAC either but to see if that is what is causing it is a good troubleshooting step. At least you could rule it out.


    I was curious if deleting the control and letting it download again worked for you. It did for me yesterday.

    As far as living with UAC cause thats the way its intended to run.... I would rethink that stance. UAC is going to cause you a lot of headache in the coming months until the vendors catch up.

    Trying to live with it however noble an idea... is still , in my opinion, riduculous.
    Just because Microsoft put it in, still does not mean that 1. It will stand the test of time, 2. that the vendors were on board 100% with Microsoft, and 3. that you will be able to just make everything sing lovely in the background because Microsoft said so........ You must have been drinking the Microsoft Kool-aid again. Smile

    I do not post to be mean, just hitting the important points. Time is worth more than money... time fixing something that cannot be fixed due to UAC = bye bye UAC.

    In a year, I hope UAC will turn into a great asset, but I know it is the enemy right now.

    I seriously hope you re think your stance on it.

    Gamer-X


    Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Gamer-X
  • Gamer-X wrote:
    far182 wrote:
    gordonc wrote:
    I decided that no way will I disable UAC :-)

    If this is the way it's intended to be run, then this is the way users will see it, so I decided I better live with it no matter what.

    I'll go and see if I can delete the ActiveX for the viewer and let it be downloaded again.

    gordon

    Yeah, I wouldn't live without UAC either but to see if that is what is causing it is a good troubleshooting step. At least you could rule it out.


    I was curious if deleting the control and letting it download again worked for you. It did for me yesterday.

    As far as living with UAC cause thats the way its intended to run.... I would rethink that stance. UAC is going to cause you a lot of headache in the coming months until the vendors catch up.

    Trying to live with it however noble an idea... is still , in my opinion, riduculous.
    Just because Microsoft put it in, still does not mean that 1. It will stand the test of time, 2. that the vendors were on board 100% with Microsoft, and 3. that you will be able to just make everything sing lovely in the background because Microsoft said so........ You must have been drinking the Microsoft Kool-aid again. Smile

    I do not post to be mean, just hitting the important points. Time is worth more than money... time fixing something that cannot be fixed due to UAC = bye bye UAC.

    In a year, I hope UAC will turn into a great asset, but I know it is the enemy right now.

    I seriously hope you re think your stance on it.

    Gamer-X

    Every client situation is unique. UAC has held additional burden (just like any new technology), but has not been as big of a deal as many are making it. For now are making it work fine. If we encounter trouble, we may disableit. I won't be "blanket" going in any single direction.

    Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • Fair points indeed - I'm away to reconsider my stance :-)

    gordon


    Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gordonc