Kaseya Community

Install certificate through Kaseya scripts

This question is answered

Dear people,

I have a issue that is making me crazy. I need to install a certificate unto all my workstations. Those workstations are not installed in a domain environment, because they are thin clients working on a VPN setup that is connected with a citrix terminal server.

I would like to install 1 certificate on all the workstations. I tried to create a script with certutil and certmgr but without any luck. I simple cannot get it to work to install the certificate to the local certificate store. Does anyone have a idea how to install a certificate with Kaseya on all windows 7 embedded thinclients? They have the same commands that are used in windows 7 for better results (hopefully).

If you can help, please let me know.

Verified Answer
  • It would depend on what store you are trying to add to. I use the following line to add a webmail server cert to the root store so it works for all users.

certutil -addstore Root #vAgentConfiguration.agentTempDir#\webmail.cer

All Replies
  • It would depend on what store you are trying to add to. I use the following line to add a webmail server cert to the root store so it works for all users.

certutil -addstore Root #vAgentConfiguration.agentTempDir#\webmail.cer

• Thank you for responding. Unfortunately the certificate needs to be added to the Trusted Root Certification Authorities. For some reasons i can not get it to import directly into this folder. When i try your option (or with the "MY" option), it creates a whole new folder with that name. If i try it with the exact name as it is in the certmgr then it gives me an error when i run the command. Is their any other way to do this? It needs to be setup in a windows 7 environment.

• That is strange, because the above code is actually what I use to import to the Trusted Root Certificates for a webmail cert so that Outlook works properly (is a hosted webmail with sbs 2003).

You have your certificate in a .cer file type? and in the kworking folder?

• See this example

writefile file.cer to c:\temp

execute shell command as system

certutil -f -addstore ROOT c:\temp\file.cer

• I have a windows 7 embedded thin client where i am trying to import the certificate. I will try the procedure described from MOACYRS and hopefully i get it to work.

• Which OS versions do you use in your environment?

• I have used this same procedure on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.

• It worked! I just checked the certificate store on the local computer and it is solved! Kind regards