Kaseya Community

Anyone seen this on a CITRIX Server???

• I have a Windows 2000 Server that runs CITRIX. After a few clients log onto it thru CITRIX the agent stops responding completely and the machine then shows as offline. The agent service is still running, but I do notice several of the KaUsrTsk running (I am assuming 1 for each remote logon at the time). Anyhow there's no errors in the logs on the machine or in Kaseya that eludes to why this could be happening.

Has anyone seen this? Or have any ideas on how to possibly fix it?

Legacy Forum Name: Anyone seen this on a CITRIX Server???,
    Legacy Posted By Username: tom@tbkconsulting.biz
  • I'm really interested in an answer to this too.

I have multiple clients using Windows Server 2003 R2 with Terminal Server... How does Kaseya deal with the individual sessions?

jas

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jasonjordan
  • I have a couple Windows 2003 Servers using Citrix MetaFrame 4.x with no problems. Yes, they create KaUsrTsk.exe for each session.

Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • Remove this key kausrtask.exe is the agent helper service. It tells the kserver who is logged on. We wrote a script to delete the key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ Kaseya Agent Service Helper

and the process no longer runs for each session. Be careful though, make sure you set patch management to reboot immediately or never reboot.

Legacy Posted By Username: twurm
  • What about multiples of agentmon.exe? Is there any way to prevent that from happening? (Or is this even an issue?) We've got a new customer with two heavily used Terminal Servers and I'd rather not install the agent if it will cause performance issues on these already-taxed machines.

Legacy Posted By Username: rmahony
  • I've never heard of this and we manage many Citrix servers, how did you install it?? add/remove? Citrix packager? Isolation environment?

• We haven't installed it on the servers in question yet but in previous installs, both push method and dl.asp downloads, we saw multiple instances of kausrtsk and (if memory serves) agentmon.exe. It's been some time since I've checked, hence the uncertainty. Does Agentmon only run once?

Legacy Posted By Username: rmahony
  • Yes agentmon will run only once. Just delete the key in my earlier post and you will be good to go.

• This did fix the problem and the agent stayed online - unfortunately tho the server died a week later and we replaced it with a 2003 Server and just use Terminal Services now ...

Legacy Posted By Username: tom@tbkconsulting.biz