Kaseya Community

Introducing machines with same hostname

• I performed a LAN watch on a client's network. I noticed some machines with the same host name but different MAC's and IP's.

What would happen if agents were installed on them and I let those machines first check-in on the KServer before renaming them?

Or do I have to change the hostnames before introducing them to the KServer?

Legacy Forum Name: Introducing machines with same hostname,
    Legacy Posted By Username: toivo
  • Is it possible that one or more machines found in the scanhave mutliple NICs?

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cleach2637
  • As a matter of fact, they have. They have for instance a wireless adapter installed in their laptops but in the office they prefer the builtin 'wired' connection because its faster.

So we have one machine with two IP's and MAC's. How does Kaseya go about this?

Further more when a client/laptop like that appears in an another LAN, how does Kaseya knows who it's dealing with? What is the unique identifier as far as Kaseya concerns?

• Imported Empty Post

• Imported Empty Post

• I'm sorry. Something went wrong with sendingthe reply.

• Kaseya handles it nicely.

If the case is two machines with the same name on the same network, it will ask you to rename one account. Kaseya knows its two different machines but both using the same account. There will be an error popup when you (master admin only I think) saying it appears two machines are checking into the same account. rename one.

if a machine has two netwok cards, kaseya will see this and show multiple ip addresses for the same machine.

the only problem I have seen with multiple network cards is lanwatch sees the second card as a new computer. but this only happens sometimes.

Legacy Posted By Username: rodbibeau