Kaseya Community

agent->copy settings changes agent credentials - template impractical

• We've been using "template" agents as described in the below posts as a means to "seed" the settings for new agent installs.

However I'm told that using agent -> "copy settings" to apply a template to an *existing* agent will overwrite the agents credentials, including the domain. It this is true then thethis technique is impractical to maintain standard settings across many machines since, every time we'd copy settings, the credentials would have to be manually re-applied for each machine group.

Anyone else see this issue and work around it?

Second question: is there a definitive list somewhere showing *which* settings are copied (or not copied) when agent->copy settings is used? For example, it seems that backup settings are not touched. What else? Having such a list would make this technique more practical, assuming the above credential issue is resolved.

http://www.kaseya.com/kforum/view_topic.php?id=232&forum_id=11

http://www.kaseya.com/kforum/view_topic.php?id=194&forum_id=10&highlight=template

Legacy Forum Name: agent->copy settings changes agent credentials - template impractical,
    Legacy Posted By Username: databalance
  • I need to know, what does seeding the credentials do for you? I've never needed to do it.

No suggestions for the backup issue.

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: BulletproofSean
  • Hrm, just found a situation where I might need to seed credentials. Big Smile

• Seeding credentials is not the issue. That's not really useful anyway.

The issue is applying a template to an existing agent (Agent -> Copy Settings), which resets the credentials to whatever's stored in the template agent. This makes templating impractical for managing settings across a lot of boxes.

Legacy Posted By Username: databalance
  • I know that wasn't your issue. I was just wondering what purpose they served. As to your issue, I have no suggestions.