I am trying to figure out if there is a way to prompt the Kaseya Admin users for information before executing an Agent Procedure on a remote machine. As an example of what I am referring to Use the Scenario of reseting the Local Admin Password on a remote Windows Machine.
1. User Logs in to Kaseya with Admin rights to Agent Procedures
2. User Executes the procedure "Reset Local Admin Password" on machine abcd1234.customerOU.root
3. Kaseya pops up a Dialog on the Kaseya Admin Users Screen prompting for the new Admin Password (And Confirmation).
4. Kaseya Admin User types in a new password and clicks the Reset Button
5. The Agent Procedure takes the password the Kaseya Admin user entered and stores it as a variable
6. The Agent Procedure then uses the variable password as the Local Admin Password when performing the Admin Password reset on the remote machine.
Is the above example Possible? If so can someone point me in the right direction of what to look at to learn how to do the dialog prompts to do this?
Yes, you can do this. Use the GetVariable step and select the option to Prompt when procedure is scheduled.
BTW, if you want to change the password you can do that directly through the Remote Control->Reset Password.
Thanks Max. Do you know if there is a way to have the prompt have custom text to indicate what the prompt is for and to present a drop down list of values to choose from?
You can't prompt drop down list.
@jbloomer - You can have the prompt say whatever you want but the response is free form and like Guillaume said doesn't support drop down lists.