Kaseya Community

"Server has requested that this Agent skip this full checkin due to high CPU utilization."

• Dumb question: Is this due to high CPU utilization at the machine where the agent is running or is it due to high CPU utilization by the KServer?

I ask because if it was by the KServer, I would expect this to be in the Agent Logs for all machines at rougly equal times. But it appears that this entry in the Agent Log is most prominent on servers rather than on workstations/laptops.

Sorry for the seemingly dumb question.

Thanks

Vince

Legacy Forum Name: "Server has requested that this Agent skip this full checkin due to high CPU utilization.",
    Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • I have also wondered this, and would like to see an answer.

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gbowman
  • My understanding, it's because of high utilization on the Kaseya server end.

Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • I had thought this as well, but the numbers on the Statistics page didn't seem to reflect this. Of course it could have been burst CPU usage, in which case I wouldn't expect the stats page to account for it.

Legacy Posted By Username: gbowman
  • The Kaseya server software seems to use several techniques to deal with "overloading". Of course overloading could be for only a short time towell days or more. It monitors SQL engine CPU usage, quick checkins, event log overflows, and such.

Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • My Kaseya server was being crippled by this issue a couple months back. It was explained to me that when an agent checks in if the CPU util on the Kserver(SQLDB) is over a certain %, it will skip the check-in, like the error message states. I spoke with support and they showed me where, inside the SQL DB, I could change that CPU threshold setting. I changed it to 60% and I have yet to experience these problems again. I do not remember exactly where in the DB this setting was, but I'm sure support could lead you there as they led me.

Thanks,

Joe

Legacy Posted By Username: jhorvath
  • I too see this with our older server. It is the server that is the cause.

This started happening when many scripts would run at once and as we added more agents, it started happening during normal usage.

just having 3 admins using the system causes quite the load with all the SQL queries and if all the machines are checking in, with lower spec hardware, it can be bad news.

if your scripts are not spaced out, or run when users are in, you will have some issues.

Legacy Posted By Username: rodbibeau