Kaseya Community

Agent on thin client filing up C:\

• Is there a way to make a kaseya agent basically unmanaged, so it does not store any type of scripts, or do patching, etc... on a thin client.

With the procedures we run on a normal workstation, it build up space in the temp directories and this is causing c:\ on the thin clients to hit capacity. 

I basically want to get an agent on these thin clients, purely for VNC connection so our desk can troubleshoot issues with uses.

Any help is welcome.

thanks!

-Steve

• You can suspend an agent which stops agent from running any procedures, etc.

In agent module there's a tab called suspend

• What kind of scripts is the agent running?  Unless you schedule patch scan, audit, etc scripts they won't run automatically (except the initial audit scan).  Elliot is right, you could either Suspend the agent or your could look at pending scripts and see what's scheduled, then remove all the scheduled scripts.

• we run audits, patching (scanning and deployment). If i suspend the agent, can we VNC to it still, or would we need to un-suspend it to VNC to it?

is there a way to configure an agent to just allow for remote access and dont include any other features or scanning?

• I'm confused, if you don't want to run audits, patching, etc then why can't you just turn them off for those agents?

• That is mainly what I am asking.

Sorry if I am being unclear. I am new to Kaseya management, and still learning some of the ropes.

So in theory, I could make an agent install (since i need to do this on about 120 thin clients) that has audits, patching, etc... disabled?

• Even better, those scripts are disabled by default, so just create a new agent package for thin clients and deploy it.  As long as you don't have any policies assigned to those machines and don't copy settings from another machine/template to the install package then it won't run any scripts other than the initial audit.  

If I can make one suggestion, the one thing you may want to do after the agent installs is pre-install the RC package you will be using.  If you have to troubleshoot a machine, you probably don't want to wait a couple minutes for the RC package to initially install.

Cleaned up grammatical errors.
    [edited by: Max Pruger at 7:36 AM (GMT -7) on Oct 2, 2013]
  • Great,

Thanks!

• If your using Policy Management, make a new policy just for these thin clients and turn everything off.

• Remote control gets disabled when you suspend an agent