Kaseya Community

KDSU - Bringing Networks to their Knees

This question is answered

Anyone else had problems with Software Deployment slowing down machines and/or entire networks?  We're seeing a lot of issues this morning with our clients.  We have a ticket in already with support, but want to find out if anyone else is seeing issues.

Verified Answer
  • I believe I found your ticket and attempted to call you to explain this further. The underlying issue is a large amount of deployments was scheduled at the same time. This caused the installers to be pushed out, from the kserver, to multiple endpoints at the same time and this caused the bandwidth issue. The previous tech working on this was mistaken in stating this a known bug but this is more of a configuration issue I would be glad to work with you on. If I am mistaken and responded to another ticket, please let me know the ticket # so I can get in contact with you to assist further.

I looked at your ticket and this is currently with one of our Support Managers. They have kindly asked you numerous times for permission to access your Kaseya Server directly however you have not responded back yet with the permission and thus he is unable to review further. Can you kindly provide us with the permission to look at this so we can provide you with an answer as to why this is happening?

All Replies
  • yes you're not the only one. I'm sure I saw another post as well that had a similar issue.

• also make sure that you're using a local file source, that may help. it didn't for me though. :(

• Update : Support said there is a bug in the system causing the problem.  Great! :(

• I have similar issue- where all maintenance and backups are failing with my groups that have "Policy management" and Security and KSDU deployed. I have had to turn off Policy for these groups. I have an open ticket with Kaseya (CS178658) they are absolutely clueless as to what is happening. Backups then show as “unscheduled” even though they are, I have to go in and clear ALL pending procedures.

• I believe I found your ticket and attempted to call you to explain this further. The underlying issue is a large amount of deployments was scheduled at the same time. This caused the installers to be pushed out, from the kserver, to multiple endpoints at the same time and this caused the bandwidth issue. The previous tech working on this was mistaken in stating this a known bug but this is more of a configuration issue I would be glad to work with you on. If I am mistaken and responded to another ticket, please let me know the ticket # so I can get in contact with you to assist further.

I looked at your ticket and this is currently with one of our Support Managers. They have kindly asked you numerous times for permission to access your Kaseya Server directly however you have not responded back yet with the permission and thus he is unable to review further. Can you kindly provide us with the permission to look at this so we can provide you with an answer as to why this is happening?

• Thanks for your help Tim.  We appreciate it.  We'll get started on the config changes and hopefully this won't happen again. :)