Kaseya Community

Extremely new to Kaseya and need some help

This question is answered

My boss had us install Kaseya on all our machine in order to get a complete picture of our current pc specs.

He asked for me to use it to find what sound cards we have, what video cards we have and also how much ram each machine has, what type of ram , and the max allowed ram for the board. as i have never used Kaseya and only have util Friday afternoon to deliver this list. Any help from a guru would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,

John Fucci

Verified Answer
  • Guru I am not, but there are a couple ways to accomplish what you want.

1)  On the left side of the screen, select the Audit module and then select Machine Summary.  On the main page you can find most of your answers for each system and the remaining tabs should have the rest of the answers.

2)  On the left side of the screen, select Info Center and then select Reports.  Then select New and Legacy Report (or Report if not on 6.3), select Audit, and select Machine Summary.  From there you can select what you want it to include or include everything.  After you have created the report template, you can select Run Now to have it output to your screen or Schedule and have it emailed to you.

All Replies
  • Guru I am not, but there are a couple ways to accomplish what you want.

1)  On the left side of the screen, select the Audit module and then select Machine Summary.  On the main page you can find most of your answers for each system and the remaining tabs should have the rest of the answers.

2)  On the left side of the screen, select Info Center and then select Reports.  Then select New and Legacy Report (or Report if not on 6.3), select Audit, and select Machine Summary.  From there you can select what you want it to include or include everything.  After you have created the report template, you can select Run Now to have it output to your screen or Schedule and have it emailed to you.

• Thank you so much i now have a template created with all the info i need. when i run the report the video and sound card fields are completely blank. How would i get kaseya to fill out these parameters?

• when i run the report the video and sound card fields are completely blank. How would i get kaseya to fill out these parameters?

• Did you run both a Baseline, Latest, and System Information Audit?  This can be accomplished from the Audit -> Run Audit section in Kaseya.

• Under audit i went to the run audit tab in the collect data tab, but i do not see individual options for the baseline latest and system information.

• When you schedule the audit, it will prompt you as to which you'd like to schedule:

• thank you Brian, when i do a baseline audit i get an error saying

"a conduit, class name, and plugin are required for interactioncontroller"

• Assuming that you're an on-premise install, make sure you've got the latest hotfixes applied to your KServer:

Any time you see a goofy error like that, the hotfix screen (in particular, "Pending Hotfixes") is the first place I'll check.

If that doesn't do the trick, you'd probably want to open a KSupport ticket at http://portal.kaseya.net

• thank you Brian that fixed it, now the only issue I seem to be having is proper reporting of sound cards.  What I need to be able to do is run a report and have it bring up a list of all machines the sound card and video card. I have the video card showing up properly in the audit and system info but my custom field for video cards in the report is still blank. that's not too big of an issue because kaseya is now at least seeing the right info for the video card, and i probably have a problem with my custom field in the report. I still see no info on audio cards however.

• I don't think Kaseya's Audit function identifies sound cards as discrete entities but rather as a PCI device:

Keep playing with Reports... you'll get the Video Card to show up eventually... if not, KSupport is great at these things Smile