Kaseya Community

Agent Temp Directory

• I tried setting the Agent to create a temp directory at "%windir%\kagent_temp" but the Kaseya server gives me the message "Specify a path to use for the temp directory.". I don't want to use a drive letter specification such as "C:\" just in case the system boot drive is not the C drive. Is their a way to set the temp directory with using the Windows variable the way I need it?

Legacy Forum Name: Agent Temp Directory,
    Legacy Posted By Username: adamc
  • Does anyone ever monitor these forums?!

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: adamc
  • The short answer is no and the reason is as follows:

The mechanism to deploy the agent uses a dynamic script. Kaseya needs toknow the agent temp directory on the server side in order to create dynamic scripts. By definition, anything based on environment variables has to live on the agent side since that environment variable may change without notice.

Legacy Posted By Username: jimalves
  • Following along with this topic, i tried changing the temp directory, and even created my first script to create the directory on asll machines, the problem is that when I change the temp directory, I can no longer remote into any of my machines. is there something I am missing in the changing of the temp directory?

Legacy Posted By Username: NuMoJo
  • Had the same issue. It was resolved by placing the temp directory at the root of C:.

Example: c:\ks_temp

Legacy Posted By Username: kdmand
  • no i was trying to use C:\LRMS as the temp directory, and everytime I set it there, Remote COntrol and ftp stops working on all machines

Legacy Posted By Username: NuMoJo