Kaseya Community

Can an agent be installed on a newly LAN WATCH discovered machine automatically.

• Hi yall.

I searched around the knowledgebase and couldn't really find anything so please don't hate me if missed the obvious. :?I was trying to push the agent install onmachines discovered by LAN WATCH, then I received the error "The network path was not found." :X

Iknow this is due to the machines being OFF at the moment.

My question is:is there a way to install the agent on machinesdiscovered by LAN WATCH automatically withoutadministrator or userintervention. Otherwise I would have to wait for the machines to be turned on before I can push the Kaseya agent to the PCs.

Any help or guideance towards the right direction would be highly appreciated!!

Thanks Guys !! have a good one.

-yassel

Legacy Forum Name: Can an agent be installed on a newly LAN WATCH discovered machine automatically.,
    Legacy Posted By Username: yassel
  • Create a custome Kaseya package and add to the clients login scripts or GPO. This has worked well for us.

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: dholliman
  • client installer (not reinstaller) in the login script or gpo is awesome.

one question I always had in regards to this is: What is the "rafter alert run ickScript()]select scripton ickMach()]this machine ID?"

Its almost like they have a way to automatically install the client from a workstation via a script when a new device is found. This would be helpful as well.

What is the intention/use of the "after alert run ickScript()]select scripton ickMach()]this machine ID?"

Legacy Posted By Username: rodbibeau
  • Consider using a login script to install the agent. Any new machines that log into the network will then get the agent automatically. You can permanently leave the login script in place because the agent installer will not run if there is already an agent on the machine.

Legacy Posted By Username: Mark Sutherland
  • Thanks guys.. you've definately given me some ideas to workwith.

Bye, and happy belated 4th of July

yassel.

Legacy Posted By Username: yassel
  • It occurred to me that this might be possible using psexec.

If your lan watch machine on a network detects a new PC you could use the "after alert run ickScript()]select scripton ickMach()]this machine ID" option to call a script that does something like this: (I'm no coder)

psexec \\%DETECTED_PC_IP% "%LOGONSERVER%\netlogon\kcsserver.exe"

You'd need topass the %DETECTED_PC_IP% somehow - but that's a little outside of my knowledge!

That should remotely install the agent just after it's first detected assuming you haverights.

jas

Legacy Posted By Username: jasonjordan