Kaseya Community

Remote printing solution with remote control?

• I am looking for a way for a customer of ours who has a limited Kaseya account to remote to their work desktop and have remote printing capabilities. Since they are remoting into a WinXP machine, Terminal Services is not easily possible, and RAdmin and VNC do not have these options presumably since these are the free and trial versions respectively. I was wondering if anybody else has encountered this problem and/or perhaps purchased RAdmin or some other remote access program that could integrate with Kaseya and have remote printing capabilities. Orwill Kaseya 4.6have newer or registered remote control software that has remote printing?

Any thoughts?

Legacy Forum Name: Remote printing solution with remote control?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: seanqpter
  • First of all, printer redirection should be possible with the latest version of the Remote Desktop Client when controlling one XP Pro machine from another. Check the Local Resources tab in the RDP options.

If that doesn't work, I'd try one of the inexpensiveoptions for remote printing outside the Kaseya framework such as the paid version of LogMeIn or GoToMyPC.

David

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: David_Schrag
  • Yeah, the RDP option in windows is definitely a way to resolve this issue but the goal is to have a remote printing option within Kaseya because it is all about our company's imageand to have everything integrated within one product if possible. Unfortunately the Terminal Services option within Kaseya does not allow us to remote to remote desktop hosts like people with WinXP, otherwise that would be an ideal solution!

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: seanqpter