Kaseya Community

Query Agent From the Client to Check if Kaseya is Online

This question is answered

I am looking for a way to query the Kaseya agent from the client side on Windows 7 64-bit only to see if the Kaseya agent is online. We are running version 5.2.0.0 of Kaseya. I know I can look in the notification center but I want to do this programmatically and windows does not allow you to manipulate the notification center from an application. So, is there an API I can use or do I need to look in the registry or the log files for the online status of the Kaseya agent?

Verified Answer
  • So you want to check and see if a client computer has its agent online? To make sure it has an active connection to your Kaseya server?

If i am understanding your request correctly, you could use a command like this:

netstat -ano | findstr <your kaseya server IP>:5721

If its connected you will get a result

If not it will return an empty line

Hope this helps

All Replies
  • So you want to check and see if a client computer has its agent online? To make sure it has an active connection to your Kaseya server?

If i am understanding your request correctly, you could use a command like this:

netstat -ano | findstr <your kaseya server IP>:5721

If its connected you will get a result

If not it will return an empty line

Hope this helps

• Yep. or do a tasklist | find /i "agentmon.exe" to check if the agent is running in memory.

• Thank you both for your answers.  I will look into the netstat command and see if it does what I want. Is there no way to fing the online status of the agent directly from the agent or any of its log files or from the registry? I want to do this with VB.NET so something a little complex would be ok.