Kaseya Community

Remote Control - Terminal Services (RDP) to console session?

• Hi all,

First of all, let me say that the remote control options, and the fact that the "just work" for the most part, are awesome. Kaseya is proving more and more to be the dream that we expected it to be Wink

From time to time we have need to RDP to the console session of a Terminal Server or Remote Desktop machine. We can do this using 'mstsc /console' if we are on the same LAN, or are working through an SSH tunnel or forwarded port, but I can't figure out how to do this through Kaseya yet... Is this possible?

TIA

-arthur

Legacy Forum Name: Remote Control - Terminal Services (RDP) to console session?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: arthur
  • Hi Arthur,

One way to do this is to change the connection type under Remote Control to "Terminal Server." All this does is invoke the mstsc client built into XP to connect to a session or server.

Click on the "Remote Cntl" tab, then under Configure "Select Type". Choose "Terminal Server" for the particular client then connect up. It should let you connect to any M$ client that uses the terminal services component. Hope that helps!

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mcmonagle
  • Thanks for your reply. I have no problem using the Terminal Server option to connect. The problem is that when i would like to connect to the console session of the remote machine, i cannot. This is not really a problem connecting to an XP machine, only my windows servers. On a server, Terminal Services allows 2 sessions plus the console session. When using the normal TS session, there are some things you can't do.

I do appreciate the reply, tho Smile

--arthur

• Alright, I think I understand what you're trying to do. Have you done this:

1.) Go to "Remote Control"

2.) Go to "Set Parameters"

3.) Under "Terminal Server Options" check "Console Mode."

That should allow you to connect to the session of the user you are controlling. Let me know if that doesn't work!

Legacy Posted By Username: mcmonagle
  • Wow, I don't know why i never found this Stick out tongue

Thank you very much, this is exactly what I wanted. I guess in the way of a feature request, I'd ask Kaseya to make it so we could set these parameters by computer or group rather than just globally. But this works for now!

Thanks again,

--arthur