Kaseya Community

Customizing the system tray icon

• Hello,

I tried to change the system tray icon from the customize menu and two things happened.

1. The icon did not change, even after a reboot

2. I got a funny error upon reboot that said"C:\Program" could cause problems and do I want to fix.

What is the proper way to change this icon? Can you change already installed clients or do you have to do a fresh install.

I did find the post on this subject and thats what I choose.

God Bless,

Marty

Legacy Forum Name: Customizing the system tray icon,
    Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • You need to use the customize area of Kaseya to upload your Icons.
    Then you need toupdate the client/Agent using the Force update even if at XX Product version.

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: sourceminer
  • Ok I see what I was doing wrong. I was using the icon update location but not doing the force update.

Also what is the icon size for the system tray?

Also just curious can you edit the icon and such per client or client group?

God Bless,

Marty

BTW as today we have 83 clients. This is only sincegoing live March 1st. So far Kaseay has been great.

Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • Is the system tray icon setting under system - server management - customize? I dont see a setting for System tray icon

Legacy Posted By Username: jbenton8939
  • If you goto the Customize section under the server management tab and then select the link for Customize the graphical interface you will find the option to change the icon. you need to scroll to the bottom of this screen to change the icons

Legacy Posted By Username: Ed Gillies
  • What is the maximum agent icon size (pixels x pixels, # of colors)that we can create? I can't get very good results with the default of 16x16, but I can do something with, say, 24x24.

Lemme know. Thanks!

Legacy Posted By Username: CFT-Rick
  • If you upload an icon with a group filter selected, will the icon change be applied to everyone or only to the group that you have filtered?

Legacy Posted By Username: rogers