Kaseya Community

Deploying patches through kaseya screws up network

• We have had multiple Windows XP workstations now that lost every network connection after applying Windows Updates through patch management in Kaseya.

When u de-install the kaseya agent the network is fully operational again. If you then re-install the client it all seems to work.

Anybody else got this problem?

Legacy Forum Name: Deploying patches through kaseya screws up network,
    Legacy Posted By Username: p.twisterling
  • I have had several machine that went quirky at some point after the kaseya agent install. 1 was an existing machine that just lost network connectivity, and would not pickup DHCP after that. I ran through a bunch of steps including uninstalling the NIC and reinstalling and nothing worked until I uninstalled Kaseya and then reinstalled. 2 other machines were fresh rebuild and after kaseya was installed and the network driver was enabled, the Local Area Connection went away and after a reboot the NIC driver showed as not functioning. Nothing short of a complete rebuild of the machine fixed this. Who knows.

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Artemis
  • Ifound out, that the network driver from kaseya (alerts tab) screwed up the network... when you disable that driver and re-install the agent. the problem doesn't return. I even had this problem on a server. Ray Barber looked through my logs and identified the problem as a "corrupt IPSec stack from microsoft. So i disabled the network driver from kaseya... problem solved.

Kind Regards,

Patrick Twisterling

• So after disabling the driver, reinstalling Kaseya, were you able to enable to driver again?

Legacy Posted By Username: Artemis
  • didn't try... it was a live server....

have to test this in an testenvironment if i have time.....

• There have been multiple posts about server crashes and network issues when using the network driver option in Kaseya. I would use caution when enabling this feature. Per Kaseya this should not be enable on any servers.

Legacy Posted By Username: dholliman