Kaseya Community

Support for Produce?

• Any future plans for supporting all thevarieties of colored pretty things called Macs? You know like a "blue" agent and a"silver" agent and a "plum" agent? I know "fruit powered" machines are not on everyone's list, but we have a few major graphic designers that would love to integrate their creative teams into the Kaseya solution - even if it were just for the ticketing and inventory purposes.

To all the hard-core Mac guys that might get upset - i'm only poking fun. No need to get in an uproar. You know how us PC guys can be. Wink

Legacy Forum Name: Support for Produce?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: elehman
  • We're in the same position. If Kaseya doesn't start doing this soon, we're going to have to start looking at a heat/landesk combo.

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: paulgreen
  • We're in the same boat. We don't supporta lot of Macs but we have a few larger clients with 8-10 person creative services groups running Macs.

I think some of the competition (N-Able)recently announced support for Macs, so I'm hoping that Kaseya considers it as well.I know it is a big development resource investment for a small market segment, but in reality it overlaps the existing Windows market and affect sales for those of us with heterogenous clients.

We would settle for a simplified version for Macs, perhaps just basic auditing and remote control as a starting point. Scripting and patching could come a bit later. I know it's easy to wish for, not so easy to actually build it.

Legacy Posted By Username: kentschu
  • I agree , just remote control would be cool and good enough to support.

Legacy Posted By Username: seangoss
  • We have about 20% of our nodes that are Macs because we have had a strong focus on the creative market. Right now we have to have two systems and a persistant VPN to all clients in order to use Apple Remote Desktop.

We would be so happy if we could simplify our process and only use Kaseya. Other solutions are starting to look good to us in order to improve workflow.

Nathan

Legacy Posted By Username: NathanMinor
  • PLEASE add support for Mac's. I would say this is number 1 as far as client expansion. Next would be linux/unix and then Novell.

Thank You

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • Like some of you - I also have some larger clients with 8-10 macs in their creative department.

Although Kaseya doesn't have remote control for those machines, can you still use SNMP? I know this isn't as nice or easy, but is it an option?

Legacy Posted By Username: eclemens
  • A MAC Agent is in our plans for next year. We will have more details on this in the first quarter of 2007.

Legacy Posted By Username: jimalves
  • Any news on the MAC client?

Legacy Posted By Username: mvanderwal
  • From the User Conference last month, expect Mac agent by Q1 of 2008.

Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza