Kaseya Community

Latest audit should run after a KES install automatically

This question is answered

I am trying to determine what machines do not have anti-virus software.  I want to see if this view is more accurate than the homemade one I am using. There is only the option to show machines WITH a module installed, not without. I can't imagine this would be hard to add.

[edited by: Dantheman at 8:35 AM (GMT -7) on May 17, 2013] changed title to be more relevant to what Im after
Verified Answer
  • OK I referenced this post:

community.kaseya.com/.../77292.aspx

and set that script (Latest Audit) to run post-KES install and it works perfectly.

Now, my view for machines without KES is more accurate. I would highly advise doing the same, as it should be automatic anyway.

All Replies
  • So while I have not had the time to create a view that would do this i have thought of a way to do so. You could do something along the lines of this:

Create a procedure that checks the status of Windows Action Center for the AV Status. You can use a WMI query for that. Save the output to a custom field in the agent. Then just create a view that looks for the no anti-virus result.

I know that is a very birds eye look at that issue, but it should work.

• I really dislike creating custom fields because they can get outdated and I have way too many machines to run a reoccurring procedure on everything. I wish there was an easier way to track KES installs or lack thereof.

• I am finding that I can identify machines without KES by looking for missing application KASAVSRV.exe

I am making this number more accurate by running a latest audit on machines so that Kaseya recognizes KES was installed.

Latest audits should run automatically after installing KES. I cannot make this happen because I cannot make a latest audit a post-install procedure.

Kaseya should recognize when its own products are installed. I shouldn't have to do something manually to make that happen.

• OK I referenced this post:

community.kaseya.com/.../77292.aspx

and set that script (Latest Audit) to run post-KES install and it works perfectly.

Now, my view for machines without KES is more accurate. I would highly advise doing the same, as it should be automatic anyway.