Kaseya Community

LAN Cache Question

This question is answered

Couple of quick LAN Cache questions

• At a branch office we assign the branch server as the LAN Cache for all of the workstations.  Do I also need to assign LAN cache to the LAN Cache server?  Is it implied or would create some sort of conflict?
  • Do I need to assign LAN cache to the computers that are local to the Kaseya server. 

We have 12 total branches and I'm using policies to assign the LAN Cache dynamically.

Verified Answer
  • We assign the LAN Cache to every machine at a site, including the LAN Cache server, it is not implied and we haven't run into any issues with conflicts. I think that answers your second question too - even though other machines are at the same site as the Kaseya server, you still only want to pull things down once, into the LAN Cache.

Hope that makes sense.

All Replies
  • We assign the LAN Cache to every machine at a site, including the LAN Cache server, it is not implied and we haven't run into any issues with conflicts. I think that answers your second question too - even though other machines are at the same site as the Kaseya server, you still only want to pull things down once, into the LAN Cache.

Hope that makes sense.

• Would I just make the Kaseya server my LAN Cache server for the network it sits in?

• I probably would not do that ... I would assign it to another machine on the same LAN.