Kaseya Community

kausrtsk.exe process

• Hi,

We are desperatly trying to get our customers to use the Live Connect portal to enter their tickets instead of calling/emailing us.

We get calls sometimes from customers telling us that the agent icon is missing. Settings are set to always display the icon in the settings Agent - Agent menu. When looking at this we found that the kausrtsk.exe process was not running. Alot of customers are horrible at restarting their computers. And some times the process kausrtsk.exe halts on machines. And there does not seem to be any sorts of recovery functions built in the Kaseya agent to restart it? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

• You can simply write an agent procedure that checks this registry value:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Kaseya Agent Service Helper

If it is not present, create it and put in the path to the kausrtsk.exe executable in it, e.g.

c:\program files (x86)\Kaseya\CLNID#vMachine.agentInstGuid#\kausrtsk.exe

This will fix it if it's gone from the startup for whatever reason.  If you just want to give it a "kick" and get it going when its dead, just write an agent procedure that runs it if it isn't running:

IF kausrtsk.exe is not running

execute file c:\program files (x86)\Kaseya\CLNID#vMachine.agentInstGuid#\kausrtsk.exe - (and choose "run as user")

(Note that in both of these scenarios the actual path to the executable is not going to have CLNID but your actual client ID - check a machine with the agent and you'll see what I mean; the agent install directory is different on each machine but can be created programmatically) or you can use "Get Variable" and choose "Agent Install Directory Path" - it adds one more step but then the Agent Procedure will work seamlessly if imported onto a different kserver that has a different client ID.

-Matt