Kaseya Community

Lanwatch Install "Path not Found"

• I've encountered this problem on more than one LAN. You run Lanwatch, and in finds several PCs. Go to View LAN and there they are. Unfortunately, when you try to install the client you get this message on one or more PCs while others install:

The network path was not found.

The IP address is there in the ViewLAN window, and it is on the same subnet. So what is going on here?

Legacy Forum Name: Lanwatch Install "Path not Found",
    Legacy Posted By Username: mbtimmons
  • I second this request

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mogulbumm
  • I posted this quesion to Kaseya support, and this is the response I got. I logged on to a machine on that subnet in question, and ran the test on several machines. A couple responded, but several did not. Unfortunately, I have been too busy with other projects to research it any further. I also haven't had time to look at the referenced KB article.

This error is generated by windows. It means that an attempt to connect to \\\admin$ resulted in a failure.

You can test this yourself from Start->Run. Just type \\\admin$ and see what happens.

You will see this error if:
    1. The computer isnt turned on
    2. The admin$ share doesnt exist
    3. The device at The isnt a windows machine, and thus isnt accepting The connection.

You can also use this KB article for testing:
    http://www.kaseya.com/kforum/view_topic.php?id=106&forum_id=5

Legacy Posted By Username: mbtimmons
  • I think this error would also be generated if the XP firewall was active on the client.

Legacy Posted By Username: Alan M
  • :-D

I had the same problem; which turned out to be a comination of the windows firewall on the client and incorrect netbios name resolution on the server.......

manged to get around it by running a script first which performs:-

ipconfig /flushdns

nbtstat -rR

arp -d *

Legacy Posted By Username: andrew.beynon

I had the same problem; which turned out to be a comination of the windows firewall on the client and incorrect netbios name resolution on the server.......

ipconfig /flushdns

nbtstat -rR

arp -d *

ipconfig /flushdns

nbtstat -rR

arp -d *

• reviewed 11/23/07 lfacey

Legacy Posted By Username: lfacey