Kaseya Community

No Kaseya Agent Icon on 2000/2003 servers

• Problem:

The Kaseya tray icon does not seem to be showing up after the agent is installed on Windows 2000/2003 server machines. The Kaseya Agent service seems to be running and the agents are checking into the Kaseya server. The agent icon is enabled for these machines in the Kaseya interface.

Solution:

If you are terminal server'ing / RDP'ing, you will not see the icon. This is a common issue with remote sessions, symantec antivirus for example only displays the shield icon on the console screen, not on RDP sessions. Try connecting to the servers console with a desktop grabbing tool such as RAdmin or VNC, or even log in locally to check that the icon is there.
    The Kaseya service runs as a system service. The system only has access to the root console, not to virtual consoles/RDP sessions. So the icon will only display on screen:0 (the console)

Legacy Forum Name: No Kaseya Agent Icon on 2000/2003 servers,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jnuttall
  • Another cool trick is running RDP is console mode . You can go to start run and do the following

mstsc /console

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: seangoss
  • Anyway to allow each session to see the Kaseya Icon?

We have a customer that uses terminal services for all of its employees to log in remotely. We would like to use the ticketing system for service requests but none of the users can submit requests since theKaseya icon is not there. Any thoughts on how we could configure this to work as desired?

Thanks,

Joe

Legacy Posted By Username: jhorvath
  • Sorry for the duplicate, tried to make an edit before the screen refresh, please delete this post.

• Since all the users are coming into the same machine, perhaps you can create a shortcut on their desktop to:

http://www.kserver.com/user=machineID&pw=password

I don't know what exactly to use for user name and pw, but you could find out what the machine signs in as when you double-click on the icon and use that?

This way, they know to double-click that shortcut to submit tickets and it automatically logs them into the client access portal as that machine. Just a thought.

Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • Ya.. I can do that.. we are actually using CW portal so I'm just using the URL link in the Kaseya Icon.

What I ended up doing which I'm not sure is the best answer, but it will work for the time being is that I disabled the Agentmon.exe service and then put a shortcut to Agentmon.exe in the All Users\Start Menu\Startup folder

• Reviewed 11/19/2007 LFacey

Legacy Posted By Username: lfacey