Kaseya Community

Remote Control

• I have used the Unistall RC twice. When I attempt to connect I get a continuous countdown. I have checked the client machine and have found the notification pop-up, but still unable to connect. using VNC.

Legacy Forum Name: Remote Control,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rx7kevin
  • There are many things that could be causing this, but the two likely culprits are: 1) Something stoping the client side software running (anti-virus, spy sweeper, personal firewall etc.) or 2) Connectivity

Does remote control work on other machines on the same site? If not, it's most likely connectivity related, start looking at firewall logs, DNS, IPsettingsetc

If you can control other machines on the same site, it has to be something particular to that machine. Try turning off AV etc to see if it makes any difference.

Manually delete the temporary RC files from C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp e.g. VNC files, KRlyCLis.exe, KRlyCCon.exe ( I generally delete all files in the directory, they are temp files after all!)

Post more details for further assitance.

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber
  • im having problems with remote control when I change my temp directory to anything aside from c:\temp - once i change it and machines accept the change then I can no longer remote into the machines

I am also having an issue with FTP if there is anyone out there so kind as to help me out

Legacy Posted By Username: NuMoJo
  • I am experiencing the same problem on a 2000 server. If I set the temp drive to C: all is well, anything else I cannot remote in. If I change back to C: it immediately fixes the issue.

Legacy Posted By Username: ACTIONSC
  • this has got me on all workstations and servers

Legacy Posted By Username: NuMoJo