Kaseya Community

Adaptec Raid Controller

• I had a server this past week have an issue with an Adaptec RAID controller.

The software has no built in email function and at the time I was only monitoring the 'system' log for errors.

Turns out that a RAID failure occures in the application log.

Here are the Event Log Alert Settings

Source is always Adaptec Storage Manager Agent.

ID:306 

Level: Error

Details: The RAID rebuilt failed, details include the name of the array as well as the logical and controller details

ID: 338

Level: Warning

Details: Reports that one or more arrays are degraded

ID: 301

Level: Warning

Details: Reports the details of a degraded logical device

ID: 401

Level: Error

Details: Reports the details of the exact failed rive, including serial number, vendor, model and slot.

Hope this helps someone, I am using Adaptec Storage Manager on a Adaptec 4000SAS in Server 2008

• Heres the Event Set from Agent Monitoring, Event Log Alerts:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>

<event_sets>

<set_elements setName="Adaptec-Event Log" eventSetId="72786485" snmpTraps="0">

<element_data ignore="0" source="Adaptec Storage Manager Agent" category="*" eventId="401" username="*" description="*"/>

<element_data ignore="0" source="Adaptec Storage Manager Agent" category="*" eventId="338" username="*" description="*"/>

<element_data ignore="0" source="Adaptec Storage Manager Agent" category="*" eventId="301" username="*" description="*"/>

<element_data ignore="0" source="Adaptec Storage Manager Agent" category="*" eventId="306" username="*" description="*"/>

</set_elements>

</event_sets>

• Thank you for sharing this.