Kaseya Community

Agent Pop-up on Client machines - Can you customize them?

•  

Every week my workstations produce an automated pop-up that warns the users to leave the machines on for updates.

Is there any way to customize the warning message and time/date that it appears?

Or can the message be disabled at all?

The pop-up is starting to annoy my users. I looked in the IT Center settings and preferences and cannot find where I can customize the warning to make it a little more user friendly.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Yes it can be changed but you need to establish where the message is coming from first, probably a script as either a pre-process to patching or a regular scheduled event, does it obviously show up in the machines procedure log?

• I think I found it but not sure how to edit.

Under the Shared Scripts and viewing the particular Procedure, I see the Display Message line. That is what I want to modify or disable.  see below.

thx

• Not sure if you have access to this on IT Center but if you go to Patch Management > Pre/Post Procedure and remove any of those procedures from the machines if you want rid of it all together.  Or you could create something of your own wording and replace what's there.

• I did some googling and found that in order to edit the Shared Procedures in the above pic I need the Edit Procedure button to appear when I click on the procedures in each Folder.   How do I get that to appear when I am part of the System Role?  I see that if you are part of the Master Role you get that option.   I checked with the other users and the one who paid & setup Kaseya and nobody has the Master Role.

• why don't you just not use that script on the selected machines or else create your own popup msg using visual studio or something and create a script to run it. We created our own popup and branded it and then we just push down the EXE to the machine and run it.

I imagine those scripts are only samples there for you to use if you want surely you can create your own no?

• You'll need to make a copy of the script to edit it. Once you have a copy of it, you then need to make sure that whatever was calling this script in the first place is pointed to your edited copy. To the point that @Alistair Curran made, if it's in Patch Management then it'll be a pre-post script, but also check in your Policy Management settings.

[edited by: Ray Barber at 11:32 AM (GMT -7) on 3-22-2012] fixed spelling