Kaseya Community

Agent version view help!

• Hi all.

I have a view which filters all the up to date agents out of my list so I can update agents easier.

However since the KLC hotfix, that has changed the agent versions to version 6.2.0.0 - 1.2.0.22 I have failed to filter this view correctly.

If i try "<= 6020000" it brings up agents with the 6.2.0.0 - 1.2.0.22 as well. I have also tried "< 6020000-10200022" and various combinations with no success.

Can someone tell me what value I need to enter to only show agents below version 6.2.0.0 - 1.2.0.22

Thanks!

• Read this discussion:

community.kaseya.com/.../70009.aspx

• Hi Alistair, I have read through this post now but found nothing to help, the question was asked but i cannot see a solution. excuse my stupidity if i have missed over it, or was it your point that this is an issue that needs to sorted?

Cheers for the help.

• @Divvet, you missed something. @Alistair put a response about 3 posts into that thread that explains how to create a custom field, and attached a procedure to run on all machines which populates that field. Once that's done you can then use a view to easily filter.

I'll admit it's a bit of a work around, but it works. As noted in that thread, there are some limitations in the Agent Updater which we are looking to address in 6.3, so that'll hopefully make this part of the process unnecessary.

• Hi Ray, i feel like a bit of a div for missing that, my own fault for going to the first page and browsing through.

Cheers both, much appreciated!

[edited by: Divvet at 10:29 AM (GMT -7) on 3-16-2012] edited my crappy English.
  • You can also grab the klc version and update a custom field to set a view with this information.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<ScriptExport xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="http://www.kaseya.com/vsa/2008/12/Scripting">

<Procedure name="Inventaire - Version KLC" treePres="3" id="1694604500" folderId="26982181182259224179169124">

<Body description="">

<Statement description="Create a named procedure variable and assign a value retrieved from the managed machine by the agent." name="GetVariable" continueOnFail="false">

<Parameter xsi:type="EnumParameter" name="VariableType" value="AgentInstallDirectory" />

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="SourceContent" value="" />

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="VariableName" value="installation" />

</Statement>

<Statement description="Create a named procedure variable and assign a value retrieved from the managed machine by the agent." name="GetVariable" continueOnFail="false">

<Parameter xsi:type="EnumParameter" name="VariableType" value="FileContent" />

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="SourceContent" value="#installation#/klcVersion.txt" />

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="VariableName" value="version" />

</Statement>

<Statement description="Update the selected System Info field with the specified value for the agent this procedure runs on." name="UpdateSystemInfo" continueOnFail="false">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="ColumnName" value="KLCversion" />

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Value" value="#version#" />

</Statement>

</Body>

</Procedure>

</ScriptExport>

[edited by: guillaume.serton at 11:21 AM (GMT -7) on 3-19-2012] update code