Kaseya Community

Max file size in Agent Procedure - Distribute File

This question is answered

Is there a max file size for uploading files in the Distribute Files section?  I notice it fails on a 7MB file I want to upload.

And if there is a max, what is the best way to get a big file to every PC in my Kaseya network?  Also, its a file that will need to be updated\refreshed twice a month.

Thanks

Verified Answer
  • i have had issues with this too. im not sure that is actually a limit imposed though . when it happens to me i live connect to the vsa and copy the file to the VSA that way instead. the down load works just fine via the agent.

You can however put a file up on an external FTP site and use the GET url command to pull it down

All Replies
  • i have had issues with this too. im not sure that is actually a limit imposed though . when it happens to me i live connect to the vsa and copy the file to the VSA that way instead. the down load works just fine via the agent.

You can however put a file up on an external FTP site and use the GET url command to pull it down

• Does anyone know the actual size limit ?

• I don't know that there is one and it's certainly more than 150MB as KES installs are larger than this.

Don't forget there is a 2 hour time limit on agent procedures before they will time out, so if the file is taking longer than this to distribute you'll have problems. That shouldn't be an issue with 7MB though.

• The file size limit in version 6.2 is 2 GB. In version 6.3 this limitation is removed. As mentioned by ghettomaster there is a two hour default time out period. You may want to keep that in mind as well.