Updating from 6.1.0.6 to 6.2.0.0 errors

Forums

Forums
Forums, discussions, and Q&A for all products.

Updating from 6.1.0.6 to 6.2.0.0 errors

This question is answered

When I update my agents from 6.1.0.6 to 6.2.0.0, i receive three errors for every update and have not been able to find a fix for this set of messages.

<Agent> failed executing agent procedure "K Agent Update Done Msg" on 2012-01-23 18:04:18Z Script Summary: Failed ELSE in step 1 Check the machine's Agent Procedure log for additional details.

<agent> failed executing agent procedure "Deploy Live Connect" on 2012-01-23 18:04:18Z Script Summary: Failed THEN in step 24 Check the machine's Agent Procedure log for additional details.

<agent> failed executing agent procedure "K Agent Update Done" on 2012-01-23 18:04:18Z Script Summary: Failed ELSE in step 3 Check the machine's Agent Procedure log for additional details.

When i check the error log, the only additional message i receive is:

FAILED to create THEN step 24, Write File. Error = File not found, Source = D:\Kaseya\WebPages\ManagedFiles\VSAHiddenFiles\KLC\klcVersion.txt

I am not sure where I can acquire this file to update the agent successfully. I assume that once this file is placed in that directory, the rest of the errors would go away. If anyone has any information that could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks!

Verified Answer
  • After much troubleshooting with support I ended up reinstalling the 6.2 update over my previous install. Once I did this, everything ran much smoother and i was not receiving these errors anymore.

Another issue that popped up during this whole process was two hotfixes would not install correctly saying that it couldn't erase a specific file in on the KServer. Again after reinstalling the 6.2 update it resolved that issue as well.

I wanted to update this post with the resolution I got to.

All Replies
  • You should open a support ticket for this. I never had (or noticed) this problem when I upgraded.

• I've had this a couple of times so far, and we have had some issues on some infrastructures, but Kaseya support have been fairly useless so I'm living with it for the time being as it doesn't seem to be on any of our critically monitored servers, mostly user endpoints.

Might be worthwhile rebooting an affected box and seeing if that helps?

• I opened a support ticket on this shortly after asking on here. They are working on it, but have yet to resolve it. i will post back here and let you know what the issue was.

• After much troubleshooting with support I ended up reinstalling the 6.2 update over my previous install. Once I did this, everything ran much smoother and i was not receiving these errors anymore.

Another issue that popped up during this whole process was two hotfixes would not install correctly saying that it couldn't erase a specific file in on the KServer. Again after reinstalling the 6.2 update it resolved that issue as well.

I wanted to update this post with the resolution I got to.