Kaseya Community

How to.... bring a server back online and logged in if the server goes offline or shuts down

This question is not answered

We are new to kaseya from Zenith.. so our learning curve has been tough...

Problem:  we have to keep a server online and logged in

how can you do this automatically?  so if the agent says its offline, how do we try to power on or reboot?

any help would be much appreciated

All Replies
  • Just to clarify is this an issue where the agent is dropping off-line or are you trying to power on your server using Kaseya?

• power on the server using kaseya

• sadly I'm unable to assist, I know for workstations they can use vpro, but I'm not sure for a server.

Maybe wake on lan technology, or some sort of RILO/DeCS solution

either way I don't know of a way to do that with out of the box solution from Kaseya.

• Well, if the server is a Dell server, get it with a DRAC card. HP, IBM, and others have their versions of this as well (Remote Access Card).

• David Bourgeois

Well, if the server is a Dell server, get it with a DRAC card. HP, IBM, and others have their versions of this as well (Remote Access Card).

yes, but how do you get it to boot from Kaseya? How would you use that DRAC card from Kaseya?

• Sorry... missed your point. I do know that the iDRAC has SNMP, but do not know if you can send it a automated start command. My next thought would be vPro, but you address that as well. WOL seems to also be an option, but I don't have expertise with it.

Finally, what if the agent went offline for some reason but the server is still up and normal? Make sure you plan for this type of event a well.

• There are 2 answers to your question menark. With different scenarios.

First scenario = If your server is down (verified it from pinging from your DC) you can use remote wake on lan, download the file from this                     www.sysworksoft.net/.../rw.html and follow the instructions on how to wake-up systems remorely, don't forget that you need to enable the wake on lan feature on the BIOS.

Second scenario = If your kaseya server is up and running but agent has not checked-in. This what I do when this happens on our environment. I login to one of my DC's and run the psservice to stop and start the kaseya service, if you don't have the psservice, download it from  www.sysinternals.com.

I hope this helps you

Regards

dcatbagan